- New Order play CND festival, Glastonbury, UK (second day).
- from theguardian.com 2016-06-23 
- Gillian Gilbert: “We’d never played anything as huge before, so I imagine there were a lot of people there. But I can’t say for sure because it was so big I couldn’t look at the audience. Back then I was more like, ‘Oh God!’ and so concentrated on what I was doing.”
- Stephen Morris: “Glastonbury was nothing like it is now. The Pyramid stage was basically built on top of the cowsheds, the backstage area was half a dozen Transit vans parked up and we all had a cup of tea at Michael Eavis’s house after we finished. But it did have that special atmosphere. Unfortunately Bernard [Sumner, singer] rather over-imbibed on Pernod and halfway through one song just completely fell over and started playing guitar on his back. As a performer you have to draw the line between enjoying the festival and keeping yourself in a fit state to play.”
- from theguardian.com 2016-06-23